Magus TemplateCharacter Theme:
Sieglein, True Mage, First of the Divine Magic KnightsTrue Age:
Gerards Element is unique, and no other Magus has ever obtained it, leading to him being called a 'True Mage' by some. It has many names that try to encompass all of it's limits, but is most commonly called Stellar Constellation Affinity. It allows him to learn all Magecraft that doesn't require a specific element, as per usual, but also grants him 'Heavenly Affinity' and 'Demon Affinity' at the same time, something that is said to be impossible otherwise.Personality:
Gerard is a very kind and softspoken person. The air around him is noted for being especially peaceful, and many people lose all will to fight simply from his gentle aura. Almost always, a soft smile can be seen on his face. Believing that knowledge and magic are the only true strengths in the worlds, he is often seen as a scholar and teacher, but finding him to actually learn from him is nearly impossible, for he dislikes staying in one place for long. His lifestyle as a wanderer is however also a way to escape capture, so should his name ever be cleared, he might be more inclined to stay in one place longer.
The kind nature shouldn't confuse one about his combat ability, though. He understands full and well that magic is a tool to be used - and is not afraid to raise his fists and energy to defend the innocent and bring injustices to light with his amazing intellect and investigation talent. He prefers not to fight and diplomacy, but is no pacifist. His kind self can make room for a completely serious and determined fighter, if need be.
A deep guilt for his former actions, while still a vessel for the 'evil dweller' Guardian Beast, Roa, haunts him. After Roas plans in his body were thwarted, the influence of the old evil vanished, and he knows fully well that evil is no toy to play with. He thus has a strong dislike for the King of Heroes and the Arrancar Army, as well as the Golden Witch. He is also not compatible with the mage of parallel worlds, finding his usage of power to be too careless, but has shown interest in other great Magicians and those he believes to have 'true magic' in them.
As a 'Divine Magic Knight', even after being exiled and branded a criminal, most Sugiura still consider him a hero, and don't try to openly aprehend him. Shimura, however, has shown a great interest in having him captured for reasons unknown. This is mentioned because even though she is doing that, Gerard greatly respects the godmother of the Sugiura race, and would come to her aid on a moments notice if the divine magic knights were called. As the 'First' of them, he is also the one with the authority and responsibility of recruiting members into the order of knights.
No traits are directly visible, though he does have slight claw-like fingernails on both hands and feet which grow quite a bit faster than normal, are more durable and sharper. He tries to keep them short, though.Appearance Age:
Natural AbilitiesWeaponless Fighting Specialist
Having no Sacred to rely on, Gerard is an avid student of weaponless combat, and can easily be considered a black belt in many styles. He mainly favors Kung Fu and freestyle combinations of all fighting styles, though. He lacks the complete training of a true hand-to-hand destroyer.Expert Combat Mage
Being a natural Magus, he has to rely on his magic both up close and far away, thus, he has perfected a special art. He can channel and chant spells while moving, running, and even while fist-fighting. His speed and strength are lowered depending on the strength of the chanted spell, stronger magic makes him weaker. The more he trains in this art, the easier he'll be able to even chant 10 verse spells while going up close against his enemies.
As a side-effect, though, his spell-casting while being completely focused on magic is even higher than normal, making him a more effective spellcaster in any situation.High Intellect: Magical Knowledge
Simply put, Gerard can be regarded as a genius. He loves to research, but since he focuses his brain solely on magic and the unexplainable, simple things from everyday can actually confuse and irritate him more easily. His intellect does allow him to discern different types of Ceros, Kido, and Magecraft after only seeing them once (for personal abilities), or already knows them (things like Cero, normal non-forbidden Kido, the binding spells).Intense Reiatsu
All Sugiura are known to eventually reach high levels of Reiatsu with age, but Gerard always had an amazing adaptability of it even at a relatively young age. Nowadays, it's intense enough to crush the ground under his feet when he is absolutely serious, and it appears in a blue-black aura around him that takes on the shape of a dragon's head.Synchronizing
A rare trait of the Magus type Sugiuras, Gerard can synchronize his own soul with anothers, allowing them instant telepathy, the passing on of Reiatsu and even knowledge. This comes at a major downside, though: An intense emotional experience is needed that fatigues both mind and body to form a synchronize-contract. In other words: Sex. Simply put, this is an evolution of the normal passing on and recharging of Reiatsu that all Sugiura can do through intercourse.Other Weapons:
While not a weapon by default, his tattoo serves as a special kind of limiter. Gerard is able to turn it on or off to his desire. While on, he has the spiritual power of a normal human, and a body akin to a physical one, and extremely masterful senses are needed to feel any kind of Reiatsu from him. When released, he simply has his full strength of Reiatsu out, even though he can still hide it the usual way by not releasing it completely.
Magic UnleashedHeavenly Body Magic (天体魔法 Tentai Mahō):
It is a powerful Magic based around astronomical objects, such as meteors, stars and black holes. User generates and manipulates the energy of stars from his body and uses it against enemy. Gerard has shown tremendous mastery over this form of Magic. His first and most prominent true magic. The right eye shows a symbol inside of it when the magic is used, looking alike to what his seal would be had it been tattooed right into his eye as well.
Thought Projection (思念体 Shinentai):
- Meteor (流星 Ryūsei): Gerard's body is surrounded by Magic, allowing him to move through the air at incredible speeds. Even if someone could detect his trajectory, it is near impossible to catch him. With his speed, Jellal assaults his opponents with quick but powerful melee attacks. Gerard wears a special suit under his robes to better utilize this type of Magic.
- Grand Chariot (七星剣 Shichiseiken lit. Seven Star Sword): Gerard summons seven pillars of light from the sky and strikes the enemy with all of them at once. According to witnesses, this spell's destruction capability rivals a meteor.
- Altairis (暗黒の楽園 Ankoku no Rakuen lit. Dark Paradise): Gerard crosses his arms above his head to begin casting the spell. As he prepares to fire the spell, all nearby shadows are drawn towards him. Gerard then unleashes a black orb with small white lights, similar to the night sky. The orb is incredibly dense, and holds a tremendous amount of gravity to crush its opponents. Its power is said to be comparable to the power of an actual meteor.
- Heavenly Beams: This is an unnamed spell in which Jellal releases several powerful beams from his hands towards his opponent.
- Heavenly Blast: An unnamed spell in which Jellal closes his fist, except for two fingers and swipes them backwards. A big sphere of Heavenly Magic appears and rushes towards the target.
- Heaven Palm: An unnamed spell in which Jellal grabs his arm with his other hand, and straightens his palm. A ball of Heavenly Magic appears in his palm, which then is shot at the target to push it as an invisible wall.
- Heaven Breakdown: An unnamed spell in which Jellal swipes his hand and the ground in front of him breaks, making everything on top of it fall.
- Heavenly Arrows: An unnamed spell in which Jellal swiping his hands releases several Arrows of light towards his target.
Gerard is capable of creating a Thought Projection of himself, and is very skilled with it, having been able to fool the Sugiura Kingdom into believing that his projection was actually a separate being from him in the past. His projection is also able to don an attire different from his owner’s.Darkness Magic (闇の魔法 Yami no Mahō):
Gerard is an expert in the use of Darkness Magic. He was known using almost exclusively this form of Magic for all of his fight with the Sugiura army, in which he proved himself capable of creating the ghostly entities characteristic of this form of Magic, using them to hit and immobilize his enemies with great skill.
Fire Magic (火の魔法 Hi no Mahō):
- Dark Force: Gerard's first use of Magic as a dark mage, he has proven himself capable of moving a target around in any desired manner. By moving his hand in the direction he wants it to move, he blows the target away as if he were giving them a smack from a short distance. This will seemingly produce an invisible, powerful blunt attack to strike the target; an attack which, if properly aimed, works like a morning star able to crush someone.
- Dark Grab: Gerard moves his hands towards the opponent, far away from him. This will prompt a pair of strong, dark-coloured arms to appear from a nearby surface and grab the opponent, immobilizing or choking them according to the movements performed by Gerard himself, who, after grabbing the target, is seemingly capable of controlling the spell with a single hand.
- Darkness Cage: Gerard creates a sphere of Darkness Magic in his hand in the form of ghosts that revolve around the center. He then shoots it at the target, releasing several ghosts that wrap around the target, restraining its movement.
- Dark Ray: Gerard shoots a powerful ray of darkness from his hand towards the enemy.
Despite having been shown employing it only rarely in his life, Gerard has proven himself masterful in the use of fire-based spells.
Abyss Break (深淵休憩 Shin'en Kyūkei):
- Flame of Rebuke (咎の炎 Toga no Honoo): This spell, when released, creates golden flames on Gerard's palm, which is said to feel like a 'shard of Etherion', a magic which usually requires many mages to unite their power, showing it to be incredibly powerful. Once used against a target, it'll result in a massive explosion that can melt or vaporize most materials, including spirit particles, instantly in it's roughly half-mile radius. Releasing it seems to take little energy from Gerard, but a high amount of control and concentration is needed. Should he be hit while preparing the spell, the explosion will hit him as well, possibly killing him in the process.
An extremely powerful spell which employs the four main elements to attack the opponents.Bind Snake (拘束の蛇 Kōsoku no Hebi):
This spell appears in the form of a snake tattoo. The snake winds its way around the target's body, tightening and restricting movement.Self-Destruction Spell (自律崩壊魔法陣 Jiritsu Hōkai Mahōjin):
An extremely complex spell which Gerard developed. Sacrificing the users life, this spell is able to destroy virtually anything in the blast radius, and is said to be the only thing able to whipe out the Tower of Paradise. Without knowledge of its cancellation code, it cannot be dispelled, meaning that only Gerard himself can stop the explosion from happening - or an enemy that kills him quicker than he can blow up.